Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Joshua Spoerri <jo...@yucs.org> on 2003/02/26 20:14:17 UTC

bug in 2.0b8

[$ var $x $]
[- $x = 'name=x' -]
<select [+ $x +]>
<option value=y>z</option>
</select>

yields:
Error in Perl code: Global symbol "$_ep_selectname" requires explicit
package name at line 4.

it can be silenced by adding $_ep_selectname to [$var$],
but that is gross

Re: Embperl and Unicode?

Posted by Kee Hinckley <na...@somewhere.com>.
At 11:06 AM +0300 4/16/03, Neeme Vool wrote:
>Hi!
>
>I have Embperl 1.3.6, Apache 1.3.27 with mod_perl 1.27 and Perl 5.8.0
>
>When Apache serves doc with acute letters like "öäõüõü" then everything
>is ok.
>But when from mod_perl handler I call Embperl::Execute and send result
>out, then in source everything is still ok (I "see" these same,
>"öäõüõü") but in browser they look "cryptic". When I set in browser
>character set to Unicode encoded with UTF-8 then page views ok. Where
>from comes such difference? What would be the solution?

Are the file endings the same on the two?  Maybe your browser is
making assumptions.  The safest thing to do is to put the following
in the html.

Kee Hinckley
http://www.messagefire.com/          Junk-Free Email Filtering

everyone else's.

Embperl and Unicode?

Re: bug in 2.0b8

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> yields:
> Error in Perl code: Global symbol "$_ep_selectname" requires explicit
> package name at line 4.

This is now fixed in the CVS version

Gerald