Posted to dev@ozone.apache.org by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@apache.org> on 2022/12/17 05:36:50 UTC

[DISCUSS] Use Matomo for site traffic analysis

Hi community,

I've been spending some time on the Ozone website SEO.

One thing I'd like to do is site traffic analysis. Per Apache Privacy Policy
<https://privacy.apache.org/faq/committers.html>, we can't embed Google
Analytics tracking code. However, Apache Privacy has a Matomo instance,
which provides Google Analytics-like capabilities. As an example, check out
the analytics
<https://matomo.privacy.apache.org/index.php?module=CoreHome&action=index&date=yesterday&period=day&idSite=13#?period=day&date=yesterday&category=Dashboard_Dashboard&subcategory=1>
of Apache Airflow.

Use cases in mind: understand where the users come from, understand what
pages are most popular, understand what features users are most interested
in. I think this can go a long way.

Thoughts? If folks think this sounds interesting, I'd like to request a
Matomo site ID from Apache Privacy so we can get this started.

Thanks,
Weichiu

Re: [DISCUSS] Use Matomo for site traffic analysis

Posted by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the quick response!
I'll give it a try.

Posted by Martijn Visser <ma...@apache.org>.