Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Paul G. Weiss" <pa...@weiss.name> on 2003/09/30 22:27:04 UTC

Upgrading RedHat 9

I have httpd-2.0.40-21.5 installed with mod_perl-1.99_07-5 on a Red Hat 9
system.

I'd like to upgrade to 2.0.47 for mod_perl-1.99_10 but there are no rpms
available from RedHat.

I can uninstall the existing rpms and build from source (at least I think
I can, theoretically), but instead, I would like to build new rpms and
replace the old ones.

Any pointers to instructions on how to do this?  Or advice on whether or
not this is advisable?

-Paul

Re: Upgrading RedHat 9

Posted by "Paul G. Weiss" <pa...@weiss.name>.
I had found those.  No _10 version.

I'm currently trying to modify the srpm for mod_perl-1.99_07, which is
available from RedHat, to use the .tar.gz for _10.  I'm hopeful it will
work.

-P

Re: Upgrading RedHat 9

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.