Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Rick Scherer <rs...@sddpc.org> on 2004/09/14 02:13:27 UTC

[users@httpd] forward proxy - apache 2,x

I have a rare request, I've been trying to make this work for the past month or so and any assistance in this matter would be GREATLY appreciated. We have a web application that makes a JMS call using a proxy which I have configured on our internet proxy server. In my VirtualHost I have AllowCONNECT 4001 set so it can send the request, also I have ProxyRequests On so the actual Forward Proxy request can go thru properly.

The real problem is that users can now use this server to proxy to my network and also to view websites thru it. What I need help on doing is closing off all access to any website or IP other than my JMS server.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rick Scherer
email: rscherer@sddpc.org

Re: [users@httpd] forward proxy - apache 2,x

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 17:13:27 -0700, Rick Scherer <rs...@sddpc.org> wrote:
> I have a rare request, I've been trying to make this work for the past month or so and any assistance in this matter would be GREATLY appreciated. We have a web application that makes a JMS call using a proxy which I have configured on our internet proxy server. In my VirtualHost I have AllowCONNECT 4001 set so it can send the request, also I have ProxyRequests On so the actual Forward Proxy request can go thru properly.
>
> The real problem is that users can now use this server to proxy to my network and also to view websites thru it. What I need help on doing is closing off all access to any website or IP other than my JMS server.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know what JMS is, but you should be able to use access
controls on the proxy to limit who can connect:

<Proxy *>
Order deny,allow
Deny from all
Allow from web.application.server