Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Geoffrey Arnold <ge...@geoffreyarnold.com> on 2013/05/09 18:04:57 UTC

Changing message persistence on messages forwarded using composite queue?

Hello,

We have a composite queue defined as follows:

                <amq:virtualDestinations>
                    <amq:compositeQueue name="DataQueue"
forwardOnly="false">
                        <amq:forwardTo>
                            <amq:queue physicalName="StatisticsQueue"/>
                        </amq:forwardTo>
                    </amq:compositeQueue>
                </amq:virtualDestinations>

When producers send persistent messages to the `DataQueue`, those messages
are also forwarded to the `StatisticsQueue`.  This is working perfectly.

What we would like to do now is apply transformations to the messages being
forwarded to the `StatisticsQueue`, specifically to make them
non-persistent and add a TTL.  Is this possible via configuration?

Thanks in advance,
Geoff.

Re: Changing message persistence on messages forwarded using composite queue?

Posted by Geoffrey Arnold <ge...@gmail.com>.
Awesome, thanks for the pointer Christian!

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.