Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by xyon <xy...@indigorobot.com> on 2008/04/01 23:48:46 UTC

Reload/Graceful Restart Apache

Hello all,

I've got a modperl app that changes some apache configs (via text
files), but need to tell Apache to re-read its configuration files for
the changes to take effect. What might be the best way of going about
such an operation?

Here is some info about my install:

 # cat /etc/redhat-release && rpm -qa httpd mod_perl
CentOS release 4.6 (Final)
httpd-2.0.59-1.el4s1.10.el4.centos
mod_perl-2.0.3-1.el4s1.3

Re: Reload/Graceful Restart Apache

Posted by Sean Davis <sd...@mail.nih.gov>.
On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 5:59 PM, xyon <xy...@indigorobot.com> wrote:
> When you mean by hand, you mean something like:
>
>  `/usr/sbin/httpd -k $action`
>
>  Where $action could be "stop" and then "start"? I don't think this is
>  possible, I get permission denied on the socket:
>
>  (13)Permission denied: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:443
>  no listening sockets available, shutting down
>  Unable to open logs

This needs to be done as a root or admin user, I believe.

Sean

Re: Reload/Graceful Restart Apache

Posted by xyon <xy...@indigorobot.com>.

Posted by Sean Davis <sd...@mail.nih.gov>.