Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Vl...@bmo.com on 2001/08/29 23:23:27 UTC

Schema grammar chaching for Xerces1

I have a huge XSD schema file (around 500Kb) which I need to use to
validate a stream of XML requests (in OFX format). It takes about a minute
to finish validation of one request on my PC. I tried to do schema file
cashing by implementing EntityResolver, but it didn't make much difference
- parsing was still too long (about 40 sec).
I modified method resolveSchemaGrammar() of XMLValidator class to cache
schemas as parsed XML documents and even that didn't help, because
creating of TraverseSchema(...) is taking too long (~ 20 sec).

Has anyone tried to implement grammar caching for Xerces1?

Another question:
Is it possible to include Ken's RevalidatingDOMParser.java into the next
release of Xerces1, so that people wouldn't have to add it to every new
release of Xerces1?

I appreciate any comments.

Regards,
Vlad