Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by "Jiang, Ruhua" <rj...@akamai.com> on 2016/03/25 19:58:25 UTC

HDFS depends on Zookeeper in install web UI

Anyone from dev mail list can help ? Thanks

Ruhua

From: Ruhua Jiang <rj...@akamai.com>>
Date: Friday, March 25, 2016 at 11:59 AM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<ma...@ambari.apache.org>" <us...@ambari.apache.org>>
Subject: HDFS depends on Zookeeper in install web UI

Hi all,

I am experimenting Ambari.  I just want to install HDFS for now, however, when I click choosing HDFS service, the UI reminds me  “zookeeper needed” and then zookeeper is automatically added .   HDFS its alone should not depends  zookeeper right?  I have already have a zookeeper cluster and I don’t need to deploy then anymore.  Same thing happens for kafka.

Question 1:
Which part of the code related to this “dependency enforcement”?   I can’t find it in “ ambari-server/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/stacks/HDP/2.4/services/metainfo.xml”   and “ambari-server/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/stacks/ambari-server/resources/stacks/stack_advisor.py”. Anyone can help point it out?

Question 2:
I understand the UI calls the REST api.  So is “dependency enforcement”  a UI specific thing (some magic javascript sitting somewhere ) or I can get around with calling blueprints REST API?

Thanks :)

Ruhua Jiang

Re: HDFS depends on Zookeeper in install web UI

Posted by "Jiang, Ruhua" <rj...@akamai.com>.
Thanks Alexander!

From: Alexander Denissov <ad...@pivotal.io>>
Date: Friday, March 25, 2016 at 4:41 PM
To: "dev@ambari.apache.org<ma...@ambari.apache.org>" <de...@ambari.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: HDFS depends on Zookeeper in install web UI

Ruhua,

The dependency between HDFS and ZOOKEEPER is specified at the service
definition level in metainfo.xml for HDFS:

https://github.com/apache/ambari/blob/trunk/ambari-server/src/main/resources/common-services/HDFS/2.1.0.2.0/metainfo.xml#L233

      <requiredServices>
        <service>ZOOKEEPER</service>
      </requiredServices>