Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "Scott M. Stirling" <ss...@mediaone.net> on 2001/01/09 09:09:27 UTC

HTML doc for JNDI taglib

While I'm hoping to hear back on my Ant taglib proposal, I worked up
some doc for the JNDI taglib.  It was the only one with no real HTML
docs, so it seemed the squeakiest wheel.  While I was at it, I think I
improved the XSL I use to generate these things.  It was a good exercise
in that respect.  I updated the templates to reflect the changes for
anyone who's potentially interested.

I ran the HTML that my XSL generates through HTML Tidy to make sure it's
solid.  Don't forget that most of the text and color formatting is in
the CSS that's included.

The new and improved XSL and other stuff in the taglib-doc-kit is
attached.  I already generated the JNDI HTML and TLD docs so you
wouldn't have to do anything to see them (look in
taglib-doc-kit/doc/web).  I ran the doc through ispell, as I noticed a
few misspellings/typos.  There are also a few in the JNDI taglib code
(see grep output below) and one typo of "flase" for "false" in the TLD
under the getAttribute tag's id attribute.

grep -ni itter. jndi/src/org/apache/taglibs/jndi/*

jndi/src/org/apache/taglibs/jndi/GetAttributeTag.java:89:    /** body
should be itterated for each value */
jndi/src/org/apache/taglibs/jndi/GetAttributeTag.java:90:    public
static final int ITTERATE_VALUES = 3;
jndi/src/org/apache/taglibs/jndi/GetAttributeTag.java:322:
case ITTERATE_VALUES:
jndi/src/org/apache/taglibs/jndi/GetAttributeTag.java:323:
return "itterate";
jndi/src/org/apache/taglibs/jndi/GetAttributeTag.java:334:        } else
if (multivalue.equalsIgnoreCase("itterate")) {
jndi/src/org/apache/taglibs/jndi/GetAttributeTag.java:335:
return ITTERATE_VALUES;
jndi/src/org/apache/taglibs/jndi/ListTag.java:278:            throw new
JspException("Context is not set for list itteration");
jndi/src/org/apache/taglibs/jndi/UseDirContextTag.java:102:    //
getAttribute tags and forEachAttribute itteration tags

Best regards,

Scott Stirling
West Newton, MA