Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by jan iversen <ja...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/21 14:16:34 UTC

File: readme.xrm

There is exactly one file with extension .xrm

main/read_license_oo/docs/readme/readme.xrm

is there a reason (apart from history) for it being in .xrm or could it be
converted to e.g. .xhp ?

If so we could get rid of one more conversion tool (read: does not need to
be converted to new code).

Jan.

Re: File: readme.xrm

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 5:43 AM, jan iversen <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Juergen:
>
> Is it just textual refresh or also content ?
>
> If it is just textual I can do it, for content I would need input.

IMO we should remove the system requirements information, and point to
the web site.

Regards

Re: File: readme.xrm

Posted by jan iversen <ja...@gmail.com>.
Juergen:

Is it just textual refresh or also content ?

If it is just textual I can do it, for content I would need input.

jan.

Re: File: readme.xrm

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: File: readme.xrm

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.
jan iversen wrote:
> +1, That is a very good point !!
>
> But may we can still write it as plain text, put some tags in, and use
> "sed" to split when generating installation sets ?
>
> janI
>
> On 22 October 2012 18:00, Keith N. McKenna <ke...@comcast.net>wrote:
>
>> jan iversen wrote:
>>
>>> As far as I can see on the usage are your assumption correct, and there
>>> must be other ways to make different readme text platform dependent.
>>>
>>> Would it not be ok, to have one readme for all platforms, and in the text
>>> mention the specics ?
>>>
>>> janI

>>>   Jan;
>>
>> That may indeed be one way to do it. My concern is that users will get
>> frustrated trying to wade through the info for the other platforms and just
>> not bother with it at all. Of course based on the way they read the release
>> notes they probably don't read it anyway. Be that as it may do we want to
>> give them another reason not to read it and possible miss pertinent
>> information.
>>
>> Regards
>> Keith

+1 Works for me.