Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by aparna Puram <ap...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/21 16:50:55 UTC

[users@httpd] 500 error while accessing tomcat

Hello All,

We have a apache on linux, that will forward the request to an apache on
windows, Which is configured with mod_jk to communicate to tomcat.

The apache and tomcat in windows is a bmc product and recently they have
asked to disable ssl at the apache on windows and Install an apache on
linux with ssl to forward the requests to the apache on windows. I know
it's dumb..but that was the requirement due to some costing scenarios.

so it is as following

https://dnsname.com --> apache on linux -> apache on windows -> tomcat on
windows.

We have commented the ssl include on windows apache and installed the ssl
on linux apache and just used the proxy balancer

ProxyPass /balancer-manager !
ProxyPass /server-status !
ProxyPass /apstatus !
ProxyPass / balancer://appCluster/ stickysession=JSESSIONID
lbmethod=byrequests
ProxyPassReverse / balancer://appCluster/
ProxyPreserveHost On

<Proxy balancer://appCluster>
        BalancerMember http://<apache on windows> loadfactor=1
</Proxy>

Now the issue is, I am able to access the application until the login page.
HOwever once I login to the appliction, I can see the following errors in
logs of apache on windows.

   [Fri Mar 20 05:40:38 2015] [error] [client hostname] client denied by
server configuration: amf, referer:
*http://apacheonwindows/jspd/swfs/ngdfp.swf?v=3
<http://arwbmcpnq01.mw.na.cat.com/jsp/swf/ngp.swf?v=3>*

*and the following errors in apache on linux.*

*For all GET requests it was 200 status code*
*However, For POST messages it is 500 status code.*

We have given full access to all the directories in apache on windows.

Still we are getting 500 msg. I am not sure what else am i missing.

Aparna Puram
+919449473709