Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Brice Ruth <br...@fiskars.com> on 2004/02/19 15:47:28 UTC

with linkName attribute becomes anchor?

Is it in violation of the HTML 4 (or XHTML 1) spec that an <a ...></a>
tag have *both* an href and a name attribute? I ask, because in Struts
1.1, apparently, if I specify a linkName attribute to an otherwise
normal <html:link> tag (with either page, action, or href specified) -
it ignores everything else that I've specified and outputs only an <a
name="..."></a> tag.

We're in the process of integrating statistical link tracking into our
site and certain javascript requires that a 'name' and an 'id' be set
for certain links ... and I can't figure out how to get Struts to do
this, without the behaviour above.

Of course, I could create a custom tag that extends the existing Struts
tag, but I'd rather get an understanding of what's going on, before I go
that route.

Thanks!

--
Brice D. Ruth
Sr. IT Analyst

Re: with linkName attribute becomes anchor?

Posted by Brice Ruth <br...@fiskars.com>.
Is anyone out there using a Struts build later than the 1.1 release that
could test for me if this is fixed in a later release?

Thanks!

Posted by Kris Schneider <kr...@dotech.com>.
Seems like it...

--
Kris Schneider <ma...@dotech.com>
D.O.Tech       <http://www.dotech.com/>

Re: with linkName attribute becomes anchor?

Posted by Brice Ruth <br...@fiskars.com>.

Posted by Kris Schneider <kr...@dotech.com>.
HTML 4.01 Specification