Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com> on 2001/07/01 22:30:55 UTC

Re: problem with mod_webapp

On Fri, 29 Jun 2001, kevin seguin wrote:

> jeez... it's been a while since i've used ajp13 with tomcat 4 :)
>
> if memory serves...  you want to add an ajp13 connector as a child of a
> service, e.g.:
>
>   <Service name="Tomcat-Standalone">
>      <Connector className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Connector"
>                port="8009" acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>

thanks, that works like a charm. for some reason, it did _not_ work when i
duplicated the existing Service and changed the Connector to be this
instead (!) but when i added this Connector to the existing
Tomcat-Standalone Service, everything's coming up roses now. yeah!

so is there still interest in a patch for the mod_webapp docs or has focus
been shifted over to mod_jk?

- donald

Re: problem with mod_webapp

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@ebuilt.com>.
On Sun, Jul 01, 2001 at 04:30:55PM -0400, Donald Ball wrote:
> so is there still interest in a patch for the mod_webapp docs or has focus
> been shifted over to mod_jk?

I'd like to see a patch, but that's me.  =)  Pier probably can tell you
what he's doing with mod_webapp.  I'm not a fan of mod_jk, but if
Costin's proposals for mod_jk with ajp14 configuration simplification
come through, I might very well change my mind.

I don't have commit access, so I don't really matter... -- justin