Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Bob McCune <bo...@mccuneos.com> on 2004/06/23 16:32:03 UTC

Eclipse 3.0 and Cactus

I was wondering if anyone has successfully been able to use Cactus 1.6.1
inside of Eclipse 3.0.  I've defined the cactus.classpath as specified in
http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/integration/ant/howto_ant_cactus.html, but
when I try to define the taskdef
<taskdef resource="cactus.tasks" classpathref="cactus.classpath"/>

I get the following error:

taskdef A class needed by class org.apache.cactus.integration.ant.CactusTask
cannot be found: junit/framework/TestListener build.xml

I've tried adjusting the ANT classpath within Eclipse to include the
junit.jar as well as the cactus jars, but have so far been unsuccessful.  I
can run the script without any problem if I run it outside of Eclipse.

Is this a bug with Eclipse that I should report to the Eclipse team or is it
simply a user error?

I'm using Eclipse 3.0RC3 and Cactus 1.6.1.

Thanks,
Bob

RE: Eclipse 3.0 and Cactus

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Bob,

That's a feature of the Eclipse/Ant integration I think. I've always found
that I need to explicitely define the custom Ant task that I'm using in the
Eclipse preferences page for Ant (Window | Preferences | Ant | Runtime >
Tasks).

-Vincent

---

RE: Eclipse 3.0 and Cactus

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Bob,

That's a feature of the Eclipse/Ant integration I think. I've always found
that I need to explicitely define the custom Ant task that I'm using in the
Eclipse preferences page for Ant (Window | Preferences | Ant | Runtime >
Tasks).

-Vincent

---