Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Antoine Lévy-Lambert <an...@antbuild.com> on 2004/02/11 10:10:45 UTC

who is moderating the gump lists ?

My CVS commit emails do not make their way to gump@jakarta.apache.org
mail list.

Can you check *who is moderating gump@jakarta.apache.org* and/or
jakarta-gump-cvs@apache.org.

Stefan's suspicion is that my commit emails get sent by
antoine@apache.org, which is not known to the gump@jakarta.apache.org
mailing list.

For instance I did this change :

$ mycvs commit dom4j.xml
Warning: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11 forwarding.

Checking in dom4j.xml;
/home/cvs/jakarta-gump/project/dom4j.xml,v  <--  dom4j.xml
done
Mailing the commit message...
antoine@D2CFT80J ~/dev/asf/jakarta-gump/project
$ date
Wed Feb 11 10:07:15     2004
antoine@D2CFT80J ~/dev/asf/jakarta-gump/project
$

and the corresponding email did not make its way through to the gump
mail list.

Cheers,

Antoine

Re: who is moderating the gump lists ?

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.
> I volunteer to get added as a moderator, this won't increase the
> amount of spam I receive too much.  Any other takers before I ask the
> infrastructure list?

Sure, I'll do it also. I add a bit more timezone coverage.

regards

Adam

Re: who is moderating the gump lists ?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
Thanks to a little tool provided by Ken Coar

> Results of your search (as of 2004-02-10):
>
> Lists with list matching 'gump@jakarta.apache.org':
>   gump@jakarta.apache.org
>     Subscribers:    93
>     Digest readers: 0
>     Moderators:     nacho@siapi.es, rubys@apache.org

I volunteer to get added as a moderator, this won't increase the
amount of spam I receive too much.  Any other takers before I ask the
infrastructure list?

Stefan

Re: Please add two moderators

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
Thanks Berin,

it worked, I just received my first spam mail for the gump list ;-)

Stefan

Re: Please add two moderators (was Re: who is moderating the gump lists ?)

Posted by Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>.
Done.

Cheers,
	Berin

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
Dear Apmail,

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.
> > Stefan's suspicion is that my commit emails get sent by
> > antoine@apache.org
>
> That would be correct.  The moderator just needs to make sure that your
> @apache address is on the allow list.

Stefan Bodwig/I are now moderators. I noticed I had to allow some commit
messages in, for exactly this reason. As soon as I see your next one I'll
subscribe the address it comes from.

regards,

Adam

RE: who is moderating the gump lists ?

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
[Catching up on the week's e-mail -- don't see a reply to this]

> My CVS commit emails do not make their way to gump@jakarta.apache.org
> mail list.

> Stefan's suspicion is that my commit emails get sent by
> antoine@apache.org

That would be correct.  The moderator just needs to make sure that your
@apache address is on the allow list.

	--- Noel