Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by ap...@hushmail.com on 2009/12/11 20:36:48 UTC

instances

can I run two ofbiz instances on the same server?

Re: instances

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Yeah - we just maintain separate patches / patch directories for any mods that we have specific for a particular server and it works out just the same.

Cheers,
Ruppert
--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

Re: instances

Posted by Christopher Snow <sn...@snowconsulting.co.uk>.
Hi Tim,

Re: instances

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Re: instances

Posted by Christopher Snow <sn...@snowconsulting.co.uk>.

Re: instances

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "Christopher Snow" <sn...@snowconsulting.co.uk>

Re: instances

Posted by Christopher Snow <sn...@snowconsulting.co.uk>.

Re: instances

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "Ruth Hoffman" <rh...@aesolves.com>

Re: instances

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hi Chis:

Re: instances

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
I'm guessing three instances - and in response - ours are all completely separate - mostly for staging and testing - although we have shared servers at Contegix that run many on the same server in production as well.

Cheers,
Ruppert
--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

RE: instances

Posted by Zhibin Liang <li...@gmail.com>.
Thanks David and Jacques for the info, the so call "cloud computing" is a
bit fancy at the moment, it might be easier to just have multiple ofbiz
instances running and add more processing power and memory down the track if
needed.

Cheers,
Zhibin

From: "Zhibin Liang" <li...@gmail.com>

Re: instances

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
This is called multi-tenant and has been discussed recently, you may look in archives.
I found a good introduction at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa479086.aspx

Jacques

From: "Zhibin Liang" <li...@gmail.com>

Re: instances

Posted by David E Jones <de...@me.com>.
Search around for "multi-tenant" or just "tenant" to see various discussions about this.

-David

RE: instances

Re: instances

Posted by Christopher Snow <sn...@snowconsulting.co.uk>.