Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by jaguado5 <ju...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/25 18:05:58 UTC

activemq-5.8.0 error executing examples

Hi all, I've just download  activemq-5.8.0 and  I'm trying to execute the
example:

 ./bin/activemq console xbean:conf/activemq-demo.xml

and I get the following error:

Failed to execute main task. Reason: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.slf4j.spi.LocationAwareLogger.log(Lorg/slf4j/Marker;Ljava/lang/String;ILjava/lang/String;[Ljava/lang/Object;Ljava/lang/Throwable;)V

I'm also download the 5-7.0 version and I get the same error.

Of course, no informarion is added to  data/activemq.log  file which has a
size of 0.

By the way I'm using java 7 in an Ubuntu 12 system

Thanks!!!

Re: activemq-5.8.0 error executing examples

Posted by jaguado5 <ju...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for your respose :)

I think my distro is OK, as you say the error points to a conflict in the
classpath.

I installed activemq downloading the binary and uncompressing it.

I set the  ACTIVEMQ_HOME environment variable pointing to the activemq
installation directory.

In the ./lib folder I have    slf4j-api-1.6.6.jar    and I'm using
jdk1.7.0_17

The CLASSPATH variable is empty, it points to nothing.

Should CLASSPATH point to activemq installation directory also?

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
I responded to this a couple days ago when you asked:

"I just tried, and it works for me. Make sure the distro isn't corrupted?
Or the classpath is not being overridden somehow. What version of slf4j-api
is in your ./lib folder?"

The error you're getting points to a conflict on the classpath.

how did you install activemq? apt-get? or download the binary?

what's the output of your CLASSPATH environment variable?

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 12:05 PM, jaguado5 <ju...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all, I've just download  activemq-5.8.0 and  I'm trying to execute the
> example:
>
>  ./bin/activemq console xbean:conf/activemq-demo.xml
>
> and I get the following error:
>
> Failed to execute main task. Reason: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
>
> org.slf4j.spi.LocationAwareLogger.log(Lorg/slf4j/Marker;Ljava/lang/String;ILjava/lang/String;[Ljava/lang/Object;Ljava/lang/Throwable;)V
>

> I'm also download the 5-7.0 version and I get the same error.
>
> Of course, no informarion is added to  data/activemq.log  file which has a
> size of 0.
>
> By the way I'm using java 7 in an Ubuntu 12 system
>
> Thanks!!!

*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog
twitter: @christianposta