Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Sim IJskes - QCG <si...@qcg.nl> on 2010/03/05 15:40:49 UTC

mekong sockets

Hello,

Is there interest in the river community for the Mekong JERI package?

It provides a NAT friendly ServerEndpoint. It needs a internet reachable
MekongHost. The MekongServerEndpoint will communicate with the
MekongHost by polling. The communication is implemented over another
JERI implementation, for instance an outbound TCPEndpoint or
HTTPEndpoint. Given enough interest i might also release the Servlet
endpoint family, which was used to develop the Mekong package.

I haven't exactly calculated the overhead introduced by jeri over jeri,
but it looks like it's only the message header.

It is not a finished product, improvements could be: better buffering of
streamdata, removal of dependency on DGC, verification of hashCode &
equals implementation, solving memory leaks.

Gr. Sim

Quality Consultancy Group b.v., Leiderdorp, Kvk Leiden: 28088397

Re: mekong sockets

Posted by Peter Firmstone <ji...@zeus.net.au>.
Yes definitely.

Cheers,

Peter.

Mekong Endpoint package

Posted by Sim IJskes - QCG <si...@qcg.nl>.
Hello committer, contributer,

Have you already had a change to review my Mekong Endpoint package?  If
i can find a few that think it's any good, i will donate it to ASF.

I've received a list of excellent points from Tom Hobbs and i hope you
will review it too.