Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Sharmarke Aden <ad...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/05 20:59:02 UTC

Question on Arbitrary Node Association

Hi, I'm not intimately familiar with jackrabbot and I have a question
regarding node association. I'm trying to create a plug-in driven
architecture where concretely defined nodes can have external nodes
(nodes on entirely different path within the repository) associated
with them. Does jackrabbit support the association of arbitrary nodes
with each other? By that I mean, nodes that don't have parent-child or
sibling relationships.

S. Aden
moc.liamg[at]tsil.neda - revrs it

Re: Question on Arbitrary Node Association

Posted by Tobias Bocanegra <to...@day.com>.
there are 2 referencing techniques specified / available in jsr170:
- reference properties
- path properties

reference properties only work for referenceable nodes, but enforce
referential integrity, where as path properties have no further
semantics than storing a path.

regards, toby

On 7/5/06, Sharmarke Aden <ad...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I'm not intimately familiar with jackrabbot and I have a question
> regarding node association. I'm trying to create a plug-in driven
> architecture where concretely defined nodes can have external nodes
> (nodes on entirely different path within the repository) associated
> with them. Does jackrabbit support the association of arbitrary nodes
> with each other? By that I mean, nodes that don't have parent-child or
> sibling relationships.

> S. Aden
> moc.liamg[at]tsil.neda - revrs it

T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97