Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org> on 2016/09/15 03:01:07 UTC

Re: [RDF] Implementation class name style

On 13 Sep 2016 2:15 a.m., "Gary Gregory" <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:

> For names, I like CamelCaseEvenForAcronyms, like IbmXmlSaxParser instead
of
> IBMXMLSAXParser.

As well :-)

And I am not sure which class or package prefix to use for JSONLD-Java..
JsonLd is what is used within its classes. And RDF4J is their official
spelling and what is used as their class prefix.

But I think at this stage we don't want to rename now say RDFTerm
interface, so would then not JsonLdRdfTermImpl look weirder than
JsonLdRDFTermImpl?

Or not so stringent, then RDF4JRDFTerm can become RDF4JTerm :)

Re: [RDF] Implementation class name style

Posted by Peter Ansell <an...@gmail.com>.
JSONLD-Java switched to JsonLd, after originally using uppercased
versions, to match the terminology casing used by the final
JSON-LD-API-1.0 specification:

https://www.w3.org/TR/json-ld-api/#the-application-programming-interface

The capitalisation in the project name is just kept for posterity at this point.

If it would simplify things just to rely on the prefix, you may be
able to drop the Impl suffix without confusion.

Cheers,

Peter