Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Robert Glover <ro...@yahoo.com> on 2008/04/17 15:42:31 UTC

iBatis ibator 1.1 is a triumph

     I am so happy with iBatis ibator 1.1.  The new updateByExample is exactly what I needed.  And the new  countByExample will save me a great deal of time as well.  The Eclipse plug-in installed flawlessly into  BM Rational Application Devloper 7, i.e., "RAD 7".  Plus, the ibator eclipse plug-in installed a comprehensive online help system that is accessible from the RAD 7 help system.
     I do wish however that I could print out the ibator user manual so that I can keep it in hard copy formal.  The user manual that comes with the ibator download is in html and does not lend itself to printing in one shot.
     Finally, I wish there was a way to show support for iBatis and iBatis ibator.  It needs to gain wider recognition because it is much more useful and easier to use than its competitors.  Ibator especially is not nearly as widely known as it should be.  I personally spoke with the author of "POJOs in Action: Developing Enterprise Applications with Lightweight Frameworks" and even though that book covers iBatis, the author had never heard of Abator until I told him about it.
    In conclusion,  iBatis ibator rocks.  Let's get the word out to more people about it.
Robert Glover

Re: iBatis ibator 1.1 is a triumph

Posted by Jeff Butler <je...@gmail.com>.
Well...thanks for the vote of confidence!  I'm glad that ibator is bring
some value to your projects.

If anyone knows of a good open source HTML to PDF translator, I'd be happy
to incorporate it into the ibator build.  I know there's a way to do it with
XHTML->FO->PDF, but I haven't spent much time investigating it.

Jeff Butler

Posted by Pieter Baele <pi...@telenet.be>.
How about a port for .NET?
Definitely a better combination then LINQ to Entities then ;-)

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.