Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@pccc.com> on 2021/03/18 06:17:10 UTC

Re: [External] Re: [DISCUSS] The future of mod_perl

Jim, mod_perl, while a module, is it's own Top Level Project at the
Apache Software Foundation.  So the Project Management Committee (PMC)
of the mod_perl project determines how things go. For other modules that
aren't their own project, they fall under the Apache HTTPD PMC's domain.

Right now, there has been concern that there isn't the minimum level of
support for a PMC at mod_perl that can suitably handle security concerns
and project decisions.  If there are 3 PMC members who +1 they are here
and can handle decisions and address security concerns in a timely
manner, then that's all this thread is trying to achieve.

The ASF as an organization follows a bottom-up organizational structure
so if the PMC can drive itself, the organization wants that to happen.
It sounds like we might have 3 PMC +1's.

Regards,
KAM

--

	*Kevin A. McGrail*
/CEO Emeritus/

	10311 Cascade Lane, Fairfax, Virginia 22032-2357 USA