Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Mike Matrigali <mi...@sbcglobal.net> on 2008/05/23 18:18:35 UTC

could someone add the new 10.3.3.0 release to JIRA as a "released" version?

Could someone with the right permissions add the new
10.3.3.0 release to JIRA as a "released" version?

Re: could someone add the new 10.3.3.0 release to JIRA as a "released" version?

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.
Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
> Kristian Waagan <Kr...@Sun.COM> writes:
>

>> We currently have the following versions in Jira (grouped by major.minor):
>>
>> Unreleased 11.0.0.0
>>
>> Unreleased 10.5.0.0
>>
>> Unreleased 10.4.1.4
>> Released 10.4.1.3 	26/Apr/08
>>
>> Unreleased 10.3.3.1
>> Released 10.3.3.0 	12/May/08
>> Unreleased 10.3.2.2
>> Released 10.3.2.1 	11/Dec/07
>> Released 10.3.1.4 	10/Aug/07
>>
>> Unreleased 10.2.3.0
>> Unreleased 10.2.2.1
>> Released 10.2.2.0 	19/Dec/06
>> Released 10.2.1.6 	06/Oct/06
>>
>> Unreleased 10.1.4.0
>> Unreleased 10.1.3.2
>> Released 10.1.3.1 	05/Jul/06
>> Released 10.1.2.1 	10/Nov/05
>> Released 10.1.1.0 	04/Aug/05
>>
>> Unreleased 10.0.2.2
>> Released 10.0.2.1 	06/Dec/04 (snapshot)
>> Released 10.0.2.0 	30/Aug/04 (initial source drop)
>>
>> Which of these can be merged together?
>>

> 10.3.2.2 should be merged with 10.3.3.0. The rest is ok, I think.

Thanks for pointing me at the instructions for how to merge versions. I
have merged 10.3.2.2 into 10.3.3.0.

Regards,
-Rick

Re: could someone add the new 10.3.3.0 release to JIRA as a "released" version?

Posted by Knut Anders Hatlen <Kn...@Sun.COM>.

--
Knut Anders

Re: could someone add the new 10.3.3.0 release to JIRA as a "released" version?

Posted by Kristian Waagan <Kr...@Sun.COM>.
Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
> Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM> writes:
>
>> Mike Matrigali wrote:

[ snip ]

Posted by Knut Anders Hatlen <Kn...@Sun.COM>.
Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM> writes:

> Mike Matrigali wrote:
>> Rick Hillegas wrote:
>>> Hi Mike,
>>>
>>> I have marked 10.3.3.0 as released on May 12. I double-checked that
>>> it now appears as a released version when I try to create a new
>>> JIRA. Let me know if there's still some tweaking to be done here.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> -Rick
>>>
>> Thanks, I just updated an issue using this new field, so worked for me.
>> Is there any automated process where we could change all those bugs
>> marked fixed in the unreleased version of 10.2.2 as fixed in
>> released
>> version 10.3.3.0?
> I don't know this magic but I'm happy to learn it if someone will teach me.

Hi Rick,

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.
Mike Matrigali wrote:
> Rick Hillegas wrote:
>> Mike Matrigali wrote:
>>> Could someone with the right permissions add the new
>>> 10.3.3.0 release to JIRA as a "released" version?
>> Hi Mike,
>>
>> I have marked 10.3.3.0 as released on May 12. I double-checked that
>> it now appears as a released version when I try to create a new JIRA.
>> Let me know if there's still some tweaking to be done here.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> -Rick
>>
> Thanks, I just updated an issue using this new field, so worked for me.
> Is there any automated process where we could change all those bugs
> marked fixed in the unreleased version of 10.2.2 as fixed in released
> version 10.3.3.0?
I don't know this magic but I'm happy to learn it if someone will teach me.

Thanks,
-Rick

Re: could someone add the new 10.3.3.0 release to JIRA as a "released" version?

Posted by Mike Matrigali <mi...@sbcglobal.net>.
Kristian Waagan wrote:
> Rick Hillegas skrev:
>> Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:

>>> I might have misunderstood, but I read "10.2.2" as "10.3.2.2" since the
>>> issue Mike updated (DERBY-3362) had its fix-version changed from
>>> 10.3.2.2 to 10.3.3.0. Bulk updating all issues fixed on 10.2.2.x to say
>>> 10.3.3.0 is not a good idea, in my opinion. If we start doing these
>>> updates, where should we stop? Should we mark those bugs that are fixed
>>> in 10.0.2.x as fixed in all subsequent releases as well?

>>> I could, but only if you promise that you won't do it... ;)
>>>

>> Ah, but Kristian has sent the instructions already!  It sounds as
>> though Mike could follow Kristian's instructions if he is confident
>> that it's the right thing to do.
>
> Mike is free to try, but I know you need a special Jira permission to do
> it. I do now know, however, to whom this permission is granted :)
> And I don't believe I have the karma to look it up either... I believe
> those listed as administrators have it.
>
> BTW; Jira was bounced earlier today. Seems like it might be getting into
> trouble again, as I'm getting "Service Temporarily Unavailable" now and
> then.

In my original request, I did mistype the "from" release.  What I was
interested in was marking those recent fixes that had gone into the 10.3
branch but were as yet not part of an official apache release, to be
marked fixed in the most recent apache release.

I do not think we should automatically mark 10.2 fixin bugs as fixed in
10.3.  In recommending and performing backports I try to maintain
the following.
I think it would be nice if a derby user could assume such a thing for
derby releases based on time - i.e. if a bug is marked fixed
in 10.M then it is also fixed in 10.N where M > N and the release date
of 10.N is later than M.  But I don't think we should do the automatic
update across branch's, if for no other reason that it actually is not
true in some cases of backporting changes.

Re: could someone add the new 10.3.3.0 release to JIRA as a "released" version?

Posted by Kristian Waagan <Kr...@Sun.COM>.

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.

Posted by Knut Anders Hatlen <Kn...@Sun.COM>.

Posted by Kristian Waagan <Kr...@Sun.COM>.
Rick Hillegas skrev:
> Mike Matrigali wrote:
>> Rick Hillegas wrote:
>>> Mike Matrigali wrote:
[ snip ]
> Hi Mike,
>
> I see there are 2 unreleased versions on the 10.2 branch: 10.2.2.1 and
> 10.2.3.0. I think you are asking whether all of the bugs marked fixed
> in those two unreleases could be bulk-marked as also fixed in
> 10.3.3.0. Knut pointed me at the instructions for merging releases.
> The merging process seems to remove the source unreleases from JIRA,
> which is not what I think you're requesting. Can someone point us at
> instructions for bulk-marking issues?

Hi Rick,

I thought you could just search / select Jira issues the way you
normally do it, and then click the "Bulk Change: all X issue(s)" link in
the upper right part of the issue navigator.
So in this specific case, go to "Find Isses", select Derby, bring up the
version box, select the correct affects/fix version(s) and press "View".
When done, click the bulk change link and make the required / allowed
changes.

--
Kristian

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.
Mike Matrigali wrote:
> Rick Hillegas wrote:
>> Mike Matrigali wrote:
>>> Could someone with the right permissions add the new
>>> 10.3.3.0 release to JIRA as a "released" version?
>> Hi Mike,
>>
>> I have marked 10.3.3.0 as released on May 12. I double-checked that
>> it now appears as a released version when I try to create a new JIRA.
>> Let me know if there's still some tweaking to be done here.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> -Rick
>>
> Thanks, I just updated an issue using this new field, so worked for me.
> Is there any automated process where we could change all those bugs
> marked fixed in the unreleased version of 10.2.2 as fixed in released
> version 10.3.3.0?
Hi Mike,

I see there are 2 unreleased versions on the 10.2 branch: 10.2.2.1 and
10.2.3.0. I think you are asking whether all of the bugs marked fixed in
those two unreleases could be bulk-marked as also fixed in 10.3.3.0.
Knut pointed me at the instructions for merging releases. The merging
process seems to remove the source unreleases from JIRA, which is not
what I think you're requesting. Can someone point us at instructions for
bulk-marking issues?

Thanks,
-Rick

Re: could someone add the new 10.3.3.0 release to JIRA as a "released" version?

Posted by Mike Matrigali <mi...@sbcglobal.net>.

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.