Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by KJQ <kj...@logicdrop.com> on 2018/08/10 13:37:30 UTC

Ignite running on JDK10?

We are currently integrating Apache Ignite v2.6.0 into our platform.  We
upgraded to JDK9 just to make sure we were compliant and then upgraded to
JDK10 try and preemptively catch anything planned for removal.

I can run Ignite great in test cases but when I go to startup a SpringBoot 2
application that depends on the module which brings in the Ignite
dependencies it gives me this error when initializing Ignite:

*Caused by: java.lang.IllegalAccessException: class
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.GridUnsafe cannot access class
jdk.internal.misc.SharedSecrets (in module java.base) because module
java.base does not export jdk.internal.misc to unnamed module*

I know JDK10 is not supported yet but is there some temporary quick hack or
fix I can apply to get past this?

I've already tried adding this to Maven to see if it helps but it did not:

<arg>--add-exports=java.base/jdk.internal.misc=ALL-UNNAMED</arg>
<arg>--add-exports=java.base/sun.nio.ch=ALL-UNNAMED</arg>
<arg>--add-exports=java.management/com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver=ALL-UNNAMED</arg>
<arg>--add-exports=jdk.internal.jvmstat/sun.jvmstat.monitor=ALL-UNNAMED</arg>
<arg>--add-modules=java.xml.bind</arg>

BTW: I posted this same message earlier but I dont know if I was subscribed
yet so apologies if it appears twice.

-----
KJQ

Re: Ignite running on JDK10?

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Please keep using JDK 8 for now. JDK 9/10/11 is planned to be fully
supported in the nearest time.

--
Denis

Re: Ignite running on JDK10?

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.

Re: Ignite running on JDK10? (Maybe Solved)

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
JDK 10/11 is planned to be supported in the nearest time. Stay tuned.

--
Denis

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.

Re: Ignite running on JDK10?

Posted by Petr Ivanov <mr...@gmail.com>.
It’s an umbrella ticket, see tickets below. Once more or less stable support will be introduced, I will resolve this ticket.

Re: Ignite running on JDK10?

Posted by "Maxim.Pudov" <pu...@gmail.com>.

Re: Ignite running on JDK10?

Posted by lukaszbyjos <lu...@gmail.com>.
Any update for this? JDK11 is GA

Re: Ignite running on JDK10?

Posted by Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com>.
HI,

Please try adding add these flags to JVM startup arguments.

Re: Ignite running on JDK10?

Posted by KimJohn Quinn <kj...@logicdrop.com>.
I am able to get it running in JDK 10 and so far have not seen any issues
with the functionality I need to use currently.  This is still
early/experimental but since we are already on the JDK9, then JDK10
bandwagon it was important to see if it would even work in our platform.

@Dmitriy, i added the same exports required for JDK9 to get it working on
JDK10.

On Wed, Aug 15, 2018 at 9:48 PM, Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>
wrote:

> I believe JDK9 is supported, but you need to add certain JVM parameters.
>
> Vladimir, can you comment?
>
> D.
>
> On Fri, Aug 10, 2018, 07:31 KJQ <kj...@logicdrop.com> wrote:
>
>> As a note, I downgraded all of the Docker containers to use JDK 9 (9.0.4)
>> and
>> I still get the same problem running the SpringBoot 2 application.
>> Running
>> in my IDE a test case works perfectly fine.
>>
>> *Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: jdk.internal.misc.JavaNioAccess
>> class is unavailable.*
>>
>> *Caused by: java.lang.IllegalAccessException: class
>> org.apache.ignite.internal.util.GridUnsafe cannot access class
>> jdk.internal.misc.SharedSecrets (in module java.base) because module
>> java.base does not export jdk.internal.misc to unnamed module @78a89eea*
>>

>> -----
>> KJQ
>> --

*KimJohn Quinn**kjq@logicdrop.com <kj...@logicdrop.com>*

*Logicdrop*22620 Woodward Avenue - Suite D
Ferndale, MI 48220
*O* 888.229.2817
*M* 248.882.0728
*www.logicdrop.com <http://www.logicdrop.com/>*