Posted to m2-dev@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org> on 2004/10/20 17:57:49 UTC

idea: collector+executor vs reactor

Howdy,

This may result in nothing but I just tried to do a

m2 -r pom:install

In continuum just to get the POMs all installed but of course m2 went
through it's inheritance song/dance and can't install the POMs because
the POMs aren't installed :-)

So I was thinking that you might just want to collect the POMs and
execute some goal. At least for installing or deploying POMs this might
be useful. Just a thought. With the unified source directory this
problem would go away but maybe there are other uses.

Just a thought I wanted to spit out.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

and sit softly on your shoulder ...

 -- Thoreau

Re: idea: collector+executor vs reactor

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Quoting Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org>:

> On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 19:32, Brett Porter wrote:
> > collection only was introduced to the m1 reactor a little while back
> (thanks,
> > John! :)
>
> As a separate mode or part of its inherent behaviour?

it just returns the correctly ordered list to the calling script without
executing any goals. I don't remember if it verifies dependencies - don't think so.

> > That wouldn't make sense from the command line, but would be useful if the
> > reactor is reused from some other component/mojo.
>
> Sorry, I'm not sure what you're talking about here.
>
> It wouldn't make sense to collect the projects and perform a specific
> goal?

maybe I miunderstood you. I'm saying a "collect" parameter on the command line
doesn't make sense unless it runs some goal.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.