Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Gentry, Michael (Contractor)" <mi...@fanniemae.com> on 2006/01/23 23:59:15 UTC

PageLink Problem?

I've discovered an issue when I use PageLink in a stateful application
(compared to a DirectLink).  PageLink doesn't seem to recognize when a
session has expired, while DirectLink does.  So with PageLink I get the
full-blown Tapestry exception page while a DirectLink gives me the
standard stale session page.

For example, if I have three pages, A, B, and C, and A puts information
in the session before going to B, and B puts information in the session
before going to C, I've found I can jump back (C -> A or B, B -> A)
using PageLink just fine.  However, once the session expires, something
like:

C.html:

B.html:

Will cause it to blow up instead of display the normal stale session
page.  Is this to be expected or should PageLink aware of state, too?
Sure, I could use a DirectLink for these, but my listener would just
return "B" (or whatever page) and it seemed easier to keep it in the
HTML template and use a PageLink.

Thanks,

/dev/mrg

PS. Tapestry 4.0 RC3, Java 1.4.2