Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com> on 2007/03/13 12:55:00 UTC

handling of callbacks with physical wires

Hi Meeraj,

I've been working on getting the WireAttachers going for
PhysicalComponentDefinitions. On PhysicalWireDefinition, I've added
PhysicalWireSourcetDefinition and PhysicalWireTargetDefinition for
callbacks, as they will be used to attach the callback side of a
wire. Can you have the marshallers propagate this info as well?

While we are on the subject, right now I just have the callbacks
attached using the same WA.attach(..) methods as for forward
invocations (.cf ConnectorImpl). I'm wondering if we want to add
explicit methods for callback attachment as the builders may need to
know this specific information to inject the right type of proxy.
For example, JDKCallbackInvocationHandler.

Thoughts?

Jim

Re: handling of callbacks with physical wires

Posted by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com>.
On Mar 13, 2007, at 12:28 PM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:

> On Mar 13, 2007, at 4:55 AM, Jim Marino wrote:
>
>> Hi Meeraj,
>>
>> I've been working on getting the WireAttachers going for
>> PhysicalComponentDefinitions. On PhysicalWireDefinition, I've
>> added PhysicalWireSourcetDefinition and
>> PhysicalWireTargetDefinition for callbacks, as they will be used
>> to attach the callback side of a wire.
>
> Instead, how about have the PWSD and PWTD with two interceptor
> chains (forward and callback)? Then WA would just have two methods
> #attach(PWSD) and #attach(PWTD) for the source (reference) side and
> target (service) side respectively. Each one would handle attaching
> both forward and callback chains as needed.

+1 this is a simpler approach.

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.

--
Jeremy