Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Holger Wiechert <Ho...@coconet.de> on 2000/08/01 19:09:18 UTC

Tomcat's classes dir is not in the internal classpath

Hi,

I've got a problem with a simple thing on tomcat.

My problem is, that I don't know how to place the class file(s) so that they
don't get
accessed via a client (browser). So, I don't want to put them in the root of
my application
(here "sillyapplet", see below).
According to the doc on deployment
(<TOMCAT_HOME>\doc\appdev\deployment.html),
the folders "WEB-INF/classes" and "WEB-INF/lib" are automatically added to
the classpath
of my application.

The directory and file structure of my simple "web application" on tomcat is
as follows:

-

 webapps

	sillyapplet (index.html)

		   WEB-INF

			   classes (MyApplet.class)
			   lib

The HTML-File (index.html) is quite simple:

<head>
<title>Silly applet </title>
</head>
<h1><font face="Arial">Here's just a silly applet...</font></h1>

The applet (MyApplet.class) is only found when placed in the app root (in
"sillyapplet")
but not when placed in the "WEB-INF/classes" directory.

But doing so, anybody can access it via

http://www.sillydomain.com/sillyapplet/MyApplet.class

Does anybody know, how to configure tomcat in order to place it in the
classes dir?

I'm using NT4, SP5, JDK1.3, MSIE5.

Thanks in advance,

Holger