Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/07 09:53:56 UTC

Questions on Menus

Hi,
question on Menus:

- am I able to attach en effect to a menu bar ?
  For example, a Sliding effect (like the toolbar in Gnome desktop, or
like the "Automatic Hide" feature of Windows main menu bar), freeing
the area over the menu ?

- is it possible to have more Main Menus, and choose which one to
attach, depending on the current context ?
  For example, I could have my main Menu by default, but after opening
some application features and selecting them i could change the main
menu with that related to the current selection ...
Mac OS X does a thing similar to this ... What do you think ?

- someone has tried to see on a menu with many elements, if all is
inside the display bounds ?
Both on vertical and horizontal axis. This could be a simple test to add.

- I've sen in many sites Flash versions of a Scrollable Menu
(sometimes containing only Buttons), where going to one side (left or
right) cause a scrolling in that direction, and when the first/last
element is displayed, it restarts from the other side ... I hope to be
clear.
This could be an interesting component to use when there are many main elements.
What do you think ?

A last thing:
what do you think on adding a simple Pivot About box, containing opt.
some platform Info (OS, JVM, memory, etc), and some Pivot Info (logo
small, version, link to site) ?
At least we could reuse it in all tutorials/demos that have a menu ...

Thanks,
Sandro