Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Juergen Weber <we...@yahoo.com> on 2004/02/13 13:24:13 UTC

Multiple Server-Users

How do you setup Tomcat for an ISP, that offers Tomcat
services to it's user?

o Have different Tomcat installations for each user.
That would cost lots of memory.

o Put Context configuration XML files for each user to
$TOMCAT_HOME/conf/Catalina/localhost
This should work, but there would only be one context
per user and I am not sure, how good the separation
between users were. I think, one user could grab all
the cpu time from the others. And, how could you
restrict tomcat manager to only one's own context?

What would be best?
Thanks, Juergen