Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Raoon Kundi <rk...@ti.com> on 2002/09/30 21:01:46 UTC

Static content via AJP (specifically mod-jk2)

Hi,

Tomcat serves *.html's (static content) fine in the stand alone
mode but the same does not happen when a static file is requested
through apache using the mod-jk2

I have the following setup ...

      Apache  1.3.26
      Tomcat  4.1.12
      Solaris 6

More details are as follows ...

  when accessing stuff on the tomcat side via the AJP connector
  e.g., a URL of the form http://localhost/myContext/myfile.html
  I get a 404 error from apache.  Seems like the connector is
  not validating the request -- or something.  Other requests to
  the same server but with *.jsp extensions do however work.
  E.g., a URL of the form http://localhost/myContext/myfile.jsp
  will work just fine.

  Here is my workers2.properties ...

    [shm]
    #file=${serverRoot}/logs/shm.file
    file=/opt/apache/logs/shm.file
    size=1048576

    # Example socket channel, override port and host.
    [channel.socket:localhost:8009]
    port=8009
    host=127.0.0.1

    # define the worker
    [ajp13:localhost:8009]
    channel=channel.socket:localhost:8009

    [uri:/myContext/*]
    worker=ajp13:localhost:8009

    #[uri:/myContext/*.html]               <---- This did not work ...
    #worker=ajp13:localhost:8009

    # Map /jkstatus to the status worker.
    # define the worker
    [status:status]

    # Uri mapping
    [uri:/jkstatus/*]
    worker=status:status

    [logger]
    file=/opt/apache/logs/mod_jk2.log

If serving static content is not possible over the jk2 connector
I would like to know the reasoning behind it.

Thanks in advance ...

Raoon Kundi

RE: Static content via AJP (specifically mod-jk2)

Posted by Mike Jackson <mj...@cdi-hq.com>.
When you use tomcat and apache what is supposed to happen is
that tomcat services the jsp/servlet and apache services the
"static" requests.  IE the html pages and graphics...

What it looks like to me is that you're configuration in the
mod_jk file isn't right, check to make sure that you have a
mapping for the proper directories so that apache can find
the html and other files.

--mikej
-=-----
mike jackson