Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Eric Jain <Er...@isb-sib.ch> on 2003/12/11 14:02:46 UTC

How to integrate code using log4j

When running tasks that include classes that make use of log4j, the
following warning is displayed.

  log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger...

Has anyone figured out how to get log4j to work nicely with Ant? (Note:
log4j with Ant, not Ant with log4j...)

--
Eric Jain

Re: How to integrate code using log4j

Posted by Wascally Wabbit <wa...@earthling.net>.
At 09:47 AM 12/11/2003, you wrote:
> >> Has anyone figured out how to get log4j to work nicely with Ant?
> >> (Note: log4j with Ant, not Ant with log4j...)
>
> > it's a log4j FAQ
> > you need to configure it
>
>I tried running ant like this:
>
>   ant -Dlog4j.configuration=log4j.properties
>
>But to no avail...
>
>I can of course configure log4j programmatically within the code of a
>task, but of course that is only a solution for my own tasks.
>
>--
>Eric Jain

Put your log4j configuration file(s) into your Ant runtime's
classpath. All should be well. This works for all log4j-dependent
applications. For example I include "~/devwork/conf" (where
I keep my configuration files) in most of my classpaths for
log4j-using applications; they all find the configuration
files fine (including Ant 1.4.x, 1.5.x, and 1.6.x).

The Wabbit

Re: How to integrate code using log4j

Posted by Eric Jain <Er...@isb-sib.ch>.

Posted by Miguel Griffa <mg...@technisys.net>.
Eric Jain wrote:

>When running tasks that include classes that make use of log4j, the
>following warning is displayed.
>
>  log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger...
>
>Has anyone figured out how to get log4j to work nicely with Ant? (Note:
>log4j with Ant, not Ant with log4j...)
>
>--
>Eric Jain

it's a log4j FAQ