Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Alex Dodson <al...@aarnet.edu.au> on 2014/08/25 04:27:19 UTC

Unable to start system VMS with new install of 4.4

Hello,

I am trying to get an install of Cloudstack 4.4 with kvm hypervisors. I follow the install guide to a letter. I can mount the nfs stores fine on the hv host.  When I check cloudstack-agent.err on the hypervisor host I am trying to install on the logs are filled with the below.

libvir: QEMU Driver error : Domain not found: no domain with matching name 'v-1-VM'
libvir: QEMU Driver error : Domain not found: no domain with matching name 's-45-VM'
libvir: LXC Driver error : Domain not found: No domain with matching name 's-45-VM'
libvir: QEMU Driver error : Domain not found: no domain with matching name 's-45-VM'

The error from the management-server.log when I try to launch secondary storage and console proxy vms is:

2014-08-25 01:53:36,955 WARN  [o.a.c.s.SecondaryStorageManagerImpl] (secstorage-1:ctx-798c8678) Exception while trying to start secondary storage vm
java.lang.RuntimeException: Job failed due to exception Resource [Host:1] is unreachable: Host 1: Unable to start instance due to Unable to get answer that is of class com.cloud.agent.api.StartAnswer

This issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-7217 appears to related
This is installed on a rhel6 box with the following versions of packages that may be relevant below.

rpm -qa *cloud*
cloudstack-common-4.4.0-NONOSS_3.el6.x86_64
cloudstack-agent-4.4.0-NONOSS_3.el6.x86_64

rpm -qa *qemu*
qemu-img-0.12.1.2-2.415.el6.3ceph.x86_64
qemu-kvm-0.12.1.2-2.415.el6.3ceph.x86_64

rpm -qa libvirt
libvirt-0.10.2-29.el6_5.9.x86_64

I can see what appears to be the original system vm template via ID in the primary storage mounted via the hypervisor node as well but the centos 5.5 vm never becomes ready. Any other templates I attempt to create via the web interface never become ready either.

Any pointers as to how I can fix this? It is hard to get anywhere with this issue going on.

thanks,

Alex

Re: Unable to start system VMS with new install of 4.4

Posted by Harikrishna Patnala <ha...@citrix.com>.
Try restarting libvirt and cloudstack-agent, if that does not work please reopen the bug and attach management server logs and agent logs.

Thanks
Harikrishna