Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Rafael Schloming <rh...@alum.mit.edu> on 2015/01/23 22:27:15 UTC

Proton 0.9 alpha 2

Hi Everyone,

I've put together an alpha 2 for Proton 0.9. I believe the memory issues
identified in alpha 1 are addressed. Source and binaries are posted in the
usual locations:

Source artifacts:
    http://people.apache.org/~rhs/qpid-proton-0.9-alpha-2/
Java binaries:
    https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1023

Please have a look and follow up with email/JIRAs for any issues you
encounter.

--Rafael

Re: Proton 0.9 alpha 2

Posted by Rafael Schloming <rh...@alum.mit.edu>.
On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 8:53 AM, Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 01/26/2015 12:35 PM, Rafael Schloming wrote:
>
>> Oops, my bad. I will follow up with an alpha 3 shortly...
>>

> Though not related to the alpha specifically, it was pointed out to me
> that e.g. setting the address on a terminus in python throws an error if
> the value is a unicode string. A similar issue was raised as
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PROTON-802 for the hostname. There
> may be other instances also.
>
> What's the best way to fix this? Is it something at the swig level? Or a
> per field decision in the wrapping code?  It would be ideal if setting a
> property as a unicode value meant that a subsequent read of the property
> got the same thing out. (That may not be essential though)

I don't know of a way to fix it at the swig level. It should probably be
fixed by converting everything to/from utf8 in the wrapping code. The C API
follows the protocol conventions, so anytime you see a char * in the C API
(like hostname, container, etc) it should actually be assumed to contain
utf8 and converted accordingly.

---Rafael

Re: Proton 0.9 alpha 2

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.