Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Ernie Dunbar <ma...@lightspeed.ca> on 2006/11/10 22:18:52 UTC

Rulesdujour is broken?

In another thread, I noticed that someone had a SARE ruleset for stock
scams and the like. Since they had been plaguing us constantly in recent
months, I decided I should get rules_du_jour to update that ruleset for
us.

I quickly found out that rules_du_jour was horribly out of date on our
system, and that none of the rulesets had been updated in months. Okay, no
matter... just update the rules_du_jour configuration file to use the most
recent rulesets (http://sandgnat.com/rdj/rules_du_jour), and I should be
on my way, right?

Um, no. When I add nice things like SARE_STOCKS and SARE_SPAMCOP_TOP200 to
the TRUSTED_RULESETS variable, it skips downloading those rules with this
error message:

No index found for ruleset named SARE_SPAMCOP_TOP200.  Check that this
ruleset is still valid.

And yet, I can find that rule at
http://www.rulesemporium.com/rules.htm#sc_top200.

Thankfully, most of the other new rulesets I put in there work fine.

Of course, the rules_du_jour website is also broken, so I can't install
the latest version or anything. >:(

Re: Rulesdujour is broken?

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.
Ernie Dunbar wrote:
> In another thread, I noticed that someone had a SARE ruleset for stock
> scams and the like. Since they had been plaguing us constantly in recent
> months, I decided I should get rules_du_jour to update that ruleset for
> us.
>
> I quickly found out that rules_du_jour was horribly out of date on our
> system, and that none of the rulesets had been updated in months. Okay, no
> matter... just update the rules_du_jour configuration file to use the most
> recent rulesets (http://sandgnat.com/rdj/rules_du_jour), and I should be
> on my way, right?
>
> Um, no. When I add nice things like SARE_STOCKS and SARE_SPAMCOP_TOP200 to
> the TRUSTED_RULESETS variable, it skips downloading those rules with this
> error message:
>
> No index found for ruleset named SARE_SPAMCOP_TOP200.  Check that this
> ruleset is still valid.
>
> And yet, I can find that rule at
> http://www.rulesemporium.com/rules.htm#sc_top200.
>
> Thankfully, most of the other new rulesets I put in there work fine.
>
> Of course, the rules_du_jour website is also broken, so I can't install
> the latest version or anything. >:(

If you can't get a recent working copy of rules_du_jour you can always
get the same SARE rulesets via sa-update channels.

Daryl