Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Serdar BOZDAĞ <se...@softhome.net> on 2002/07/16 09:38:12 UTC

how can a client upload file via an applet

hello,
i am trying to write an applet that has an file upload service. Users will able to give the full path of their files to the applet (c:\files\file1.txt for instance) as input and applet will going to get the contents of this file and write the content to the database which is in the server.
how can i accomplish this task?

thanks in advance,

serdar

Re: how can a client upload file via an applet

Posted by Irina Lishchenko <il...@lishchenko.de>.
On Tuesday 16 July 2002 09:38, you wrote:
> hello,
> i am trying to write an applet that has an file upload service. Users will
> able to give the full path of their files to the applet (c:\files\file1.txt
> for instance) as input and applet will going to get the contents of this
> file and write the content to the database which is in the server. how can
> i accomplish this task?
>
> thanks in advance,
>
> serdar

Actually I think that much easier to acomplish this task through servlet/jsp
technology. Although if you are very good at applet writing, then may be...

What about servlet or jsp for file uploading. At www.servlets.com you can
find libraries which are necessary for file uploading and most likely some
useful articles on this subject.

ilis