Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Шульгин Игорь Иванович <ig...@chel.usi.ru> on 2004/09/20 17:44:24 UTC

[users@httpd] Coexisting Apache2 and IIS problems

Hi!

I had coexisting Apache (Oracle HTTP Server Powered by Apache/1.3.12) and IIS (version 5.0.2195.2966) on one computer with two IP addresses for 3 years without problems.
IIS was configured on one IP address, Apache1 was configured on another.
I had to start IIS first, 'netstat -an' shows that IIS is listening on 0.0.0.0:80, after that Apache1 started without problem binding to its IP-address:80. Alternate order (start Apache1 first, IIS second) doesn't work because IIS cannot bind with message 'Address already in use'.
Now I have to switch to Apache2 (apache_2.0.50-win32-x86-no_ssl.exe downloaded from httpd.apache.org). But in the same order as above Apache2 cannot start with message:

(OS 10048)Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port)
 is normally permitted.  : make_sock: could not bind to address x.y.z.w:80
Unable to open logs
Note the errors or messages above, and press the <ESC> key to exit.

Alternate order (start Apache2 first, IIS second) doesn't work as before.

How can I bind Apache2 and IIS on different IP-addresses on the same computer?

--
  With best wishes,
                   Igor Shulgin

Re: [users@httpd] Coexisting Apache2 and IIS problems

Posted by Aman Raheja <ar...@techquotes.com>.
Why would you want IIS to listen on 0.0.0.0:80 and not <IP-Addr1>:80 and
apache2 on <IP-addr2>:80.
I'm sure that will work.
Aman Raheja