Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/25 21:16:28 UTC

Fwd: [VFS] 2.1 Release Plan

FYI -- if anyone would like to follow on, see dev@c.a.o

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [VFS] 2.1 Release Plan
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 15:06:03 -0400
From: Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>
To: dev@commons.apache.org

Hi all,

There are presently 171 resolved issues sitting in commons-vfs2
2.1-SNAPSHOT, with 4 outstanding (none of which look like blockers to me).

The lack of any release of commons-vfs2 in years has been a big problem
downstream. This past weekend, I was again annoyed by bugs that have
been fixed (but not release) which is spurring me to take some action.
There have been emails reaching back as far as 2014 asking when the next
release might be, not to mention the fact that vfs-2.0 was released in
2011 (!).

History aside, I'm reaching out today to:

1) See if anyone on the PMC has the cycles to volunteer as RM.
   1a) If not, how can you empower me (or others) to make the release on
your behalf.
2) Understand, specifically, what (if any) roadblocks exist to release
this version.

Thanks.

- Josh