Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by David J Woolley <dj...@bts.co.uk> on 1998/05/21 15:40:00 UTC

Re: os-sco/1562: BrowserMatch variable cause CGI failure: 'varia

The following reply was made to PR os-sco/1562; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "David J Woolley" <dj...@bts.co.uk>
To: brian@hyperreal.org
Cc: apbugs@Apache.Org
Subject: Re: os-sco/1562: BrowserMatch variable cause CGI failure: 'varia
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 13:41:46 +0100

 I didn't follow this up further because our maketing people wouldn't
 accept a free third party browser in the distributed product.  They
 wanted the SCO supplied and supported Netscape product, so even
 though Apache performs better we had to target for Fast Track!  We
 moved from SCO 3.2v4.2 to SCO 3.2v5 for development, so we had Fast
 Track and there was no excuse for using another server.

 For testing, we could disable HTTP 1.1 in MSIE 4.

 --
 David Woolley - Office: David Woolley <dj...@bts.co.uk>
 BTS             Home: <da...@djwhome.demon.co.uk>