Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Pavel Stehule <st...@kix.fsv.cvut.cz> on 2003/05/26 08:47:45 UTC

axis 1_1RC2, tomcat5 don't work

Hello

I started play with axis and tomcat. After instalation (only copy axis dir
to tomcat webapp dir) validation of instalation (happyaxis) is ok. I
wrote simple service

public class HelloServer
{
    public String sayHelloTo(String name)
    {
        System.out.println("sayHelloTo(String name)");
        return "Hello " + name + ", How are you doing?";
    }
}

generating wsdl works well and I can invoke this service via GET like
http://stehule.fsv.cvut.cz:8080/
axis/HelloServer.jws?method=sayHelloTo&Name=kuk.

But my client-side code don't work.

import org.apache.axis.client.Call;
import org.apache.axis.client.Service;
import javax.xml.namespace.QName;

public class Client
{
    {
        String
         endpoint = "http://stehule.fsv.cvut.cz:8080/axis/HelloServer.jws\
";
        Service service = new Service();
        call.setTargetEndpointAddress(new java.net.URL(endpoint));
        call.setOperationName(new QName("sayHelloTo"));
        call.addParameter("name", org.apache.axis.Constants.XSD_STRING,
                          javax.xml.rpc.ParameterMode.IN);
        call.setReturnType(org.apache.axis.Constants.XSD_STRING);
        String ret = (String)call.invoke(new Object[] {"Kuku"});
        System.out.println(ret);
    }
}

I get a exception saxParseException wrong end of file (after longer time).
.NET client puts message timeout.

What's wrong? Can You help me? Where I can set debug level for axis? I
did't find something in tomcat log.

Thank you
Pavel Stehule