Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com> on 2003/03/25 17:33:06 UTC

Who's/what is Yoshi ?

Hi all,

The flow PetStore demo uses a "yoshi" object to hold a couple of utility
objects such as a DateFormat.

So far so good, but what does "Yoshi" mean ? I guess it's a Japanese
word, but Google gives some funny results :
- Yoshi the pig : http://www.slip.net/~atombee/yoshi2.html
- Yoshi the iguana : http://users.erols.com/ziring/yoshi.htm
- or is it the Nintendo game ? http://www.yoshisstory.com/

Cheers,
Sylvain

Re: Who's/what is Yoshi ?

Posted by Christopher Oliver <re...@verizon.net>.
I think it's the name of a jsp tag library used in the original struts
application: I'll change it to "fmt" in the petstore example to avoid
confusion in the future.

Regards,

Chris