Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Brian Relph <re...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/05 03:54:30 UTC

url length

So i have written a portlet in struts2 that runs on a Websphere Application
Server 6.1.  I consume the portlet on Websphere portal v 6.0 through WSRP.
Internet Explorer seems to have some problems with the urls that are
generated - everything runs fun using firefox, opera, safari.  I think this
is because the url is at some point extremely long, and IE has the smallest
URL limit.  The initial and ending urls are between 500 - 600 characters,
well within the valid range for IE.  So, i think there must be some urls
generated through redirects that are much longer, but i cant find them.  Are
there any tricks in struts2 that can help shorten the generated urls?

Re: url length

Posted by Nils-Helge Garli Hegvik <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hm.... It could be a problem with escaped or unescaped ampersands (&)
in the URL. It's hard do tell what might be wrong without seeing some
code and example URLs. I would consider attaching  a remote debugger
to the JSR168Dispatcher and see what's going on inside it. What if you
try it in a different portlet container, such as pluto? Does it work
then? I don't have WebSphere Portal installed, so it's hard to be more
specific than that...

Nils-H

Re: url length

Posted by Brian Relph <re...@gmail.com>.