Posted to dev@sis.apache.org by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.fr> on 2013/02/28 00:43:31 UTC

Git mirror for SIS

Hello all

A while ago we talked about the possibility to create a Git mirror for
SIS Subversion repository. If I remember well, it was a matter of
creating a JIRA task somewhere. Would it be okay to proceed? If so, does
someone remember which JIRA task we have to fill?

The reason why I would like a Git mirror is that we would like to start
deprecating (for later removal) classes from the Geotk repository in
favour of SIS ones. In this process, we will probably need to create
tags that are specific to the projects using SIS, so we don't want to
create tags or branches on the SIS Subversion if they are not of general
use. For the SIS project, the advantage is that we would start testing
the code in larger projects.

Any though?

     Martin

Re: Git mirror for SIS

Posted by Adam Estrada <es...@gmail.com>.
Thanks guys! This is awesome!

Re: Git mirror for SIS

Posted by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.fr>.

Re: Git mirror for SIS

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Hey Martin,

Super +1!

You just simply need to create an INFRA ticket here:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA

Request a read-only git mirror to be set up for SIS and provide the SVN
repo to mirror from:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sis/

Cheers,
Chris