Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gr...@tuffmail.com> on 2007/09/04 13:26:29 UTC

[CocoonGT] Has anyone considered inviting folks from Wicket?

Hello,

I saw that there are people interested in Cocoon-Wicket cooperation and we have already some plans
to play with Wicket in Cocoon 2.2. I also have seen few folks from Wicket interested in bringing
Cocoon strengths into Wicket so why not to invite some gurus?

Opinions?

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski

Re: [CocoonGT] Has anyone considered inviting folks from Wicket?

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org>.
Gianugo Rabellino pisze:

> Er, I don't quite think so. I think the GT could be an excellent venue
> for them to spend a few days out in a nice location and hack around
> their Wicket stuff. Of course, having Cocooners in the same room might
> help crosspollination as well. So I would just send an informal invite
> along the lines of "we're going to have some fun, food, beers and
> hacking. Fancy a Wi-Fi connected table and a glass of italian wine?
> Then come to Rome and join us!"

Ok, done. Thanks Gianugo for a great template for my e-mail. ;-)

Posted by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@apache.org>.
On 9/8/07, Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org> wrote:
> hepabolu pisze:
> > Gianugo Rabellino said the following on 4/9/07 13:36:
> >> On 9/4/07, Grzegorz Kossakowski <gr...@tuffmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> That would be great! Would you do the honors?
> >
> > What about Upayavira and Sylvain?
>
> I guess that they follow Wicket's mailing list so if we sent an invitation there I guess they would
> see it. However, I'm not sure if it makes sense to send that mail without addressing issues I
> outlined.

Er, I don't quite think so. I think the GT could be an excellent venue
for them to spend a few days out in a nice location and hack around
their Wicket stuff. Of course, having Cocooners in the same room might
help crosspollination as well. So I would just send an informal invite
along the lines of "we're going to have some fun, food, beers and
hacking. Fancy a Wi-Fi connected table and a glass of italian wine?
Then come to Rome and join us!"

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino
Sourcesense, making sense of Open Source: http://www.sourcesense.com

Re: [CocoonGT] Has anyone considered inviting folks from Wicket?

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org>.
hepabolu pisze:
> Gianugo Rabellino said the following on 4/9/07 13:36:
>> On 9/4/07, Grzegorz Kossakowski <gr...@tuffmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> That would be great! Would you do the honors?
>
> What about Upayavira and Sylvain?

I guess that they follow Wicket's mailing list so if we sent an invitation there I guess they would
see it. However, I'm not sure if it makes sense to send that mail without addressing issues I
outlined. I lack both karma and, more importantly, free time so I cannot do this myself, sorry guys.
I hope that someone other can pick up this task, fix our demos and invite Wicket people.

On the other hand, Upayavira and Sylvain have been Cocoon committers for so long that I think it
would be nice of us to send direct invitations. That's easy task and I can take care of it.

Posted by hepabolu <he...@gmail.com>.
Gianugo Rabellino said the following on 4/9/07 13:36:
> On 9/4/07, Grzegorz Kossakowski <gr...@tuffmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I saw that there are people interested in Cocoon-Wicket cooperation and we have already some plans
>> to play with Wicket in Cocoon 2.2. I also have seen few folks from Wicket interested in bringing
>> Cocoon strengths into Wicket so why not to invite some gurus?
>>
>> Opinions?
>
> That would be great! Would you do the honors?

What about Upayavira and Sylvain?

Bye, Helma

Re: [CocoonGT] Has anyone considered inviting folks from Wicket?

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org>.
Grzegorz Kossakowski pisze:

> No problem. I'll write an e-mail today's evening.

I've spoken to some people on Wicket IRC channel and here are conclusions:
1. Some people have experience with Cocoon already but they looked at Cocoon briefly few years ago
(around 2001-2003). We must show that Cocoon is different and appealing now.

2. They wanted to see Cocoon demos, does anyone know why they are down on our zone? If I had enough
karma I could have a look but other people are welcome to help.

3. Most folks expressed some interests in integration between Cocoon and Wicket only if they see
what is the benefit. As I don't know about Wicket that much I'm not sure where Cocoon integration
could be useful. I would like to see people more familiar with Wicket posting some nice ideas about
integration that would spur Wicket community's interest. I'm going to ask for the same our users.

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org>.

Posted by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@apache.org>.