Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Maurice Lawler <ma...@me.com> on 2013/04/03 02:05:41 UTC

Additional IP Assignment

Greetings,

I am attempting to manually assign my instance two additional IP addresses, however, utilizing range0 file and or ifcfg-eth0:1 and :2 are proving to fail.

When adding an IP from a different subnet that is not being utilized by CS, how must one do this?

Maurice

Re: Additional IP Assignment

Posted by Kirk Kosinski <ki...@gmail.com>.
What type of network in CloudStack is the VM using, and what exactly is
the problem or error?  For a basic zone with security groups it might
not be possible without hacking the iptables/ebtables on the host
running the VM.  For a shared network it will probably work, provided
your network infrastructure is configured to allow it.

Best regards,
Kirk