Posted to fop-commits@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2008/04/01 09:14:56 UTC

[Xmlgraphics-fop Wiki] Update of "ProcessingFeedback/Status" by JeremiasMaerki

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Xmlgraphics-fop Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by JeremiasMaerki:
http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/ProcessingFeedback/Status

The comment on the change is:
Some updates

  ||DONE||Message formatter with variable access (instead of parameter indices like in java.text)||
  ||DONE||Basic l10n for events so the events can be converted to human-readable messages, for example using the !LoggingEventListener||
  ||DONE||Automatic throwing of exceptions for events marked FATAL||
- ||in progress||Hooking the event system into FOP||
+ ||mostly DONE||Hooking the event system into FOP||
  || ||Validation of the translation templates (verify that only available parameters are used, to avoid mistakes)||
  ||DONE||FONode.invalidChildError's ruleViolated parameter is a problem for l10n||
  || ||Find out if we need some kind of event categorization. Right now, we only have an event ID but that is probably too fine-grained for most users. Instead of a (potentially hierarchical) categorization, we could also use tags: an "graphic not found" event would have the tags "missing-resource" and "graphic", so the user can either react on "misssing-resource" or all events involving embedded graphics.||
  || ||Determine approach to integrate additional libraries with their own feedback mechanism or user agents. Batik has a user agent which allows to report infos, alerts and errors. Should FOP adapt these to its own feedback mechanism or should FOP expose the user agent creation to an interested developer so he can include his own hooks?||
+ || ||Add progress events (start/end of page-sequences, info about the placement of IDs, "underfullness" of pages etc.||