Posted to users@maven.apache.org by solo1970 <so...@ericsson.com> on 2008/12/04 17:09:51 UTC

POM dependency issue (Reactor)

This is my dilemna, ca anyone shed some light?

I have the following configuration of POMs

bigparentPOM ---> common
                   ----> parentPOM 1 (depends on common)
                   ----> parentPOM 2 (depends on common)

ParentPOM 1 and 2 are dependent on common, but sometimes they also need to
be compiled separately.  I I want to build only parentPOM1 and need to
recompile common, how can I do it???  For now we have to recompile
everything from bigparentPOM.

Can I configure my POM hierarchies in another way to be able to compile ONLY
parentPOM1 and common OR ONLY parentPOM2 and common

Thanks in advance for your help!!!!

Re: POM dependency issue (Reactor)

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
Alternatively, you could do.

cd common
mvn install
cd ../parentPOM1
mvn install

Posted by Rusty Wright <ru...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
Oh yeah, I forgot.

Define two profiles, both active unless things say otherwise.

Put parentPom1 as a module defined in profile 1

Put parentPom2 as a module defined in profile 2.

If you do nothing, compiling bigParent will compile everything

if you do mvn -Pprofile_1

then (as specifying an active profile deactivates all profiles that are
active by default) you'd only compile common and parentPom1

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.