Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Dave Dombrosky <do...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/13 02:32:28 UTC

[T5] How to use email validator?

I'm trying to add the email validator to some of my TextFields, and I
am running into an issue.  I thought I just had to use
validate="email" as the parameter, but I am getting this error:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
Validator 'email' requires a validation constraint (of type
java.lang.Void) but none was provided.

I'm running 5.0.14-SNAPSHOT.  Anyone know how to fix this issue?

-Dave

Re: [T5] How to use email validator?

Posted by Josh Canfield <jo...@thedailytube.com>.
I'm seeing the same thing. The email constructor is passing Void.class as
the constraintType, but it looks like it should be passing null.
I've filed a jira ticket https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-2585

Josh

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 5:32 PM, Dave Dombrosky <do...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to add the email validator to some of my TextFields, and I
> am running into an issue.  I thought I just had to use
> validate="email" as the parameter, but I am getting this error:
>
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
> Validator 'email' requires a validation constraint (of type
> java.lang.Void) but none was provided.
>
> I'm running 5.0.14-SNAPSHOT.  Anyone know how to fix this issue?
>
> -Dave

TheDailyTube.com. Sign up and get the best new videos on the internet
delivered fresh to your inbox.