Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Yasufumi Mizoguchi <ya...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/31 07:27:25 UTC

Is POI 3.15-beta1 is safe from CVE-2017-5644 ?

Hi,

Does anyone can tell me if POI 3.15-beta1 is safe from
CVE-2017-5644 (http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/96983) ?

I am using POI 3.15-beta1 bundled with Solr 6.2.2 in production,
and heard about the vulnerability.

Writing a comment about this on a related Apache JIRA issue,
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-9552)
I got an advice about the vulnerability. (Thanks Tim :-) )

After above, I googled about the cause of the vulnerability but
in vain.
So, I am in fix now.

Regards,

Yasufumi

Re: Is POI 3.15-beta1 is safe from CVE-2017-5644 ?

Posted by Yasufumi Mizoguchi <ya...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Dominik.

Thank you for replying me.
I am so relieved.