Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Chhaya Vishwakarma <Ch...@lntinfotech.com> on 2013/01/15 06:51:50 UTC

writing logs to HDFS

Hi,

When flume writes logs to HDFS it creates many small files of single log file. Can I write logs to HDFS only in file ?

Regards,
Chhaya Vishwakarma

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient(s). Unintended recipients are prohibited from taking action on the basis of information in this e-mail and using or disseminating the information, and must notify the sender and delete it from their system. L&T Infotech will not accept responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of, or the presence of any virus or disabling code in this e-mail"

Re: writing logs to HDFS

Posted by Connor Woodson <cw...@gmail.com>.
Look at the 'roll' properties of the HDFS sink. You can roll by size, time,
events, or you can set those to 0 and only roll by your path.

http://flume.apache.org/FlumeUserGuide.html#hdfs-sink

- Connor